Originally from Virginia and transplanted to the Midwest, Jenniey now lives in Iowa City. In addition to her day job, she teaches writing and serves as a reader and editor for various lit journals and authors. She holds an MFA and is currently working on several writing projects.
Her work on a hybrid nonfiction/poetry/visual manuscript (a series of writing experiments focused on the theme of displacement) received the support of a Sustainable Arts Foundation award. She has also received support and/or recognition from PEN America and the Pushcart Prize.
You can find her recent work at the following places:
- Insomnia & Sleep Notes (nonfiction) online at Shenandoah (Volume 70, Number 2)
- Our Belmont (nonfiction) printed in Mid-American Review
- sometimes, hoarders (hybrid CNF/poetry) online at Waxwing Literary Journal
- Mike and Evan at the (Beginning) of the World (very short fiction) online at wigleaf, finalist for Mythic Picnic Prize
- and the postcard: Dear Wigleaf: Dispatch from Canada
- A Yellow Bowl (poetry) printed in Gargoyle Magazine (40th anniversary #65, 2017)
- Come Home (poetry/erasure) online at DIAGRAM (issue 17.1)
- Kisha with the Beads in her Hair—Belmont, 1983 (CNF) printed in The Austin Review (issue 5)
- We Are Persistence Runners (dystopian fiction) online at Electric Lit Recommended Reading (issue 217). Special Mention in The Pushcart Prize XLI anthology.
- American Family c. 1985 (poetry-CNF/erasure) online at Nashville Review (issue 19)
- Now We Live in Town (CNF) printed in Slice Magazine (issue 18: Enemies)
- The Incredible Elk versus Sally P. Squirrel (CNF) online at The Summerset Review
- We were not allowed to keep them (poetry) online at HOOT
- Gertrude is Gay (fiction) printed in Gargoyle Magazine (issue 59)
- study, nine (poetry) online at elimae
- At the park across the street from where Jane lives (unspecified) online at New World Writing
- The Thing in Sharon’s Bedroom (an illustrated sex toy mystery) online at The Rumpus
- Truths about Suicidal Women (unspecified) online at Alice Blue Review
- The Boy and the Palm Reader (fiction co-written with Nick Kocz) online at The Collagist
- Into the Rainforest (fiction) online at Annalemma
- Lessons in Death and Drowning (CNF) printed in Slice Magazine (issue 7: Villains)
Please feel free to use this form to email me.
Comments, questions, and requests for link inclusion are all welcome.