Originally from Virginia and transplanted to the Midwest, Jenniey now lives in Iowa City. In addition to her day job, she teaches writing and does reading and editing for various lit journals and authors. She has an MFA in poetry, of all things, and is currently finishing a dystopian novel (among a million other things).
Her work on a hybrid nonfiction/poetry/visual manuscript (a series of experimentations focused on the theme of displacement) recently received the support of a Sustainable Arts Foundation award—an honor for which she is unabashedly proud and exceedingly grateful. She has also received support and/or recognition from Pen America and the Pushcart Prize.
You can find some of her recent work at the following places:
- Insomnia & Sleep Notes (nonfiction) forthcoming at Shenandoah
- Our Belmont (nonfiction) printed in Mid-American Review
- sometimes, hoarders (hybrid CNF/poetry) online at Waxwing Literary Journal
- Mike and Evan at the (Beginning) of the World (very short fiction) online at wigleaf, finalist for Mythic Picnic Prize
- and the postcard: Dear Wigleaf: Dispatch from Canada
- A Yellow Bowl (poetry) printed in Gargoyle Magazine (40th anniversary #65, 2017)
- Come Home (poetry/erasure) online at DIAGRAM (issue 17.1)
- Kisha with the Beads in her Hair—Belmont, 1983 (CNF) printed in The Austin Review (issue 5)
- We Are Persistence Runners (dystopian fiction) online at Electric Lit Recommended Reading (issue 217). Special Mention in The Pushcart Prize XLI anthology.
- American Family c. 1985 (poetry-CNF/erasure) online at Nashville Review (issue 19)
- Now We Live in Town (CNF) printed in Slice Magazine (issue 18: Enemies)
- The Incredible Elk versus Sally P. Squirrel (CNF) online at The Summerset Review
- We were not allowed to keep them (poetry) online at HOOT
- Gertrude is Gay (fiction) printed in Gargoyle Magazine (issue 59)
- study, nine (poetry) online at elimae
- At the park across the street from where Jane lives (unspecified) online at New World Writing
- The Thing in Sharon’s Bedroom (an illustrated sex toy mystery) online at The Rumpus
- Truths about Suicidal Women (unspecified) online at Alice Blue Review
- The Boy and the Palm Reader (fiction co-written with Nick Kocz) online at The Collagist
- Into the Rainforest (ficton) online at Annalemma
- Lessons in Death and Drowning (CNF) printed in Slice Magazine (issue 7: Villains)
Please feel free to use this form to email me.
Comments, questions, and requests for link inclusion are all welcome.