Originally from Virginia, and transplanted to the Twin Cities, Jenniey now lives in Iowa City (surprise!). She teaches whenever possible and does social media, reading, and editing for various lit journals and authors. She also holds a regular job. She has an MFA in poetry of all things, and is currently working on a dystopian novel series, as well as many other projects, but that is the main project, she promises. In fact, she is taking a hiatus from submissions until it is done. So, if you are an editor and you want something, you are going to have to ask. She actually does send things when she is asked.
You can find her recent work at the following places:
- Mike and Evan at the (Beginning) of the World (very short fiction) at wigleaf, finalist for Mythic Picnic Prize (what’s that?)
- and the postcard: Dear Wigleaf: Dispatch from Canada
- A Yellow Bowl (poetry) in Gargoyle Magazine (40th anniversary #65, 2017)
- Come Home (poetry/erasure) in DIAGRAM (issue 17.1)
- Kisha with the Beads in her Hair—Belmont, 1983 (CNF) in The Austin Review (issue 5)
- We Are Persistence Runners (dystopian fiction) in Electric Lit Recommended Reading (issue 217). Special mention in The Pushcart Prize XLI anthology. Available for purchase as a Kindle download here.
- American Family c. 1985 (poetry-CNF/erasure) in Nashville Review (issue 19)
- Now We Live in Town (CNF) in Slice Magazine (issue 18: Enemies)
- The Incredible Elk versus Sally P. Squirrel (CNF) in The Summerset Review
- We were not allowed to keep them (poetry) in HOOT
- Gertrude is Gay (fiction) in Gargoyle Magazine (issue 59)
- study, nine (poetry) in elimae
- At the park across the street from where Jane lives (unspecified) in New World Writing
- The Thing in Sharon’s Bedroom (CNF & illustrations) in The Rumpus
- Truths about Suicidal Women (unspecified) in Alice Blue Review
- The Boy and the Palm Reader (fiction co-written with Nick Kocz) in The Collagist
- Into the Rainforest (ficton) in Annalemma
- Lessons in Death and Drowning (CNF) in Slice Magazine (issue 7: Villains)
- Rape Me Barbie (CNF) in The Summerset Review
Please feel free to use this form to email me.
Comments, questions, and requests for link inclusion are all welcome.